Saturday, February 26, 2011

Re: Fat Models vs. App Controller

usually you would put functions you use in multiple controllers in
either the model (data?) or a component (logic?)
you can also use libs to "dry" your code :)


On 27 Feb., 00:02, Eric Anderson <andersoneric...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Just wondering when it comes to performance and any other factors you
> may deem important, what's the better option for storing functions
> that I will use among many controllers: A function in the model that I
> can then access via $this->Model->Model->function() or a function
> inside of my App Controller?
>
> Moreover, when is it better to put a function in a model and when is
> it better to put it in the app controller?
>
> To put this in context, I'm investigating this for use with an
> activities feature. I track activities and then display them in feeds.
> Of course, I need to quite often save an activity, feeding it
> arguments (as well as delete an activity). Moreover, I need to often
> grab a feed, customized based on the arguments I feed it. I'm trying
> to avoid using RequestAction.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Eric

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.


To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php

No comments: