Wednesday, March 30, 2011

CakePHP Write URL path from initial search() action pagination array

I've hit a roadblock and cannot for the life of me get over.

I have a search() action which is working as expected.

From that function, I pass my pagination value to the results page and I get an array like so:

Array
(
   
[controller] => plans
   
[action] => search
   
[0] => 35
   
[1] => 0
   
[2] => 0
   
[3] => 1
   
[4] => 97389
)

ALL search results display correct (and array data is correct). BUT my url ONLY displays the Model and Action value when the initial results are displayed like so:

...plans/search

And if I do a paginator() *sort()* (in my header fields) or Next >> my pagination array prints to the url like so:

 ...plans/search/45/0/0/0/97389/page:1/sort:monthly_cost/direction:desc

Everything is working as expected BUT I need my initial search to display the url path as it does whenpaginator() or sort() is used.

I've tried imploding the array and tacking it onto the url (no dice). I've tried to rewrite the url with the array (but this conflicts with the pagination).. I've tried a bucket load of get and post ideas.. (no dice)..

Am I overlooking something VERY simple here? Someone please send any ideas you might have. This is kicking my butt!

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.
 
 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php

No comments: