Monday, August 29, 2011

Re: Is cakephp 2 beta ready for small web development?

If you think you're comfortable with Cake, I'd say go for it. I've
been checking out 2.0 since the dev-release, and am currently in the
process of porting a fairly large webapplication to it. Everything is
running stable and smooth (it's noticeably faster than 1.3, actually).
You're going to run into bugs, but I've yet to find any I couldn't
work around. Plus, if you file a ticket in Lighthouse, they're usually
resolved pretty quickly. You should just checkout the cake 2.0 core
from Git though, as it's already way ahead of the beta version.

If you haven't started building your CMS yet chances are there will be
a stable build or at least an RC by the time you need to deploy it
anyway.

On 28 aug, 22:20, Salines <nikola.parad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My Dear,
>
> I need to build a small CMS that will have more external data sources (Facebook,
> Twitter, Youtube,..). I now have doubt whether to use, 1.3.11 or 2.0 beta.
>
> I know that the new version is a beta, but the development and upgrading of
> CMS will be a long-term deal for more customers.
>
> Thanks for your opinion.

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.


To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php

No comments: