Tuesday, January 20, 2015

HELP - Session Files not created on ISP but created on localhost ??

Hi All ..

I am new to CakePHP but a seasoned developer and have been developing my first real app using CakePHP, after a bit of a rocky start, I got rolling on my application creating various models,views and controllers for my application on my development localhost. Life was good, but then I went to try and deploy my newly minted application on my ISP's apache webserver and I was unable to get the basic login authentication working.. I did some initial investigation and found out the session files were not being created.

I have core.php setup to use the "cake" method for session files - so that I can see what is go on.. I tried using a simple PHP session test setup with a path location similar to the Cake PHP tmp/session location to verify that the apache web server was able to write session files to the same location tmp/session direcoty that Cake was using. When I ran the test program apache was able to write to the tmp/session directory so I know that the server can write to the directory ..

After a long frustrating investigation, I have turned to help from the CakePhp Group as I have not found out the cause of why the session variable files are not written out on my ISP, but work just fine on my localhost. I have been trying to track down when CakePHP writes out these files but so far, I have not found out where they are written and what may cause them to not be written out with no indication in the error logs files or exceptions to give me any help ...

I have the DebugKit installed and the relevant section for Session show little help 

localhost:

Session

    Config(array)
        userAgentfc3b496e15b816b7c1af5b0d05eba93e
        time1421815946
        countdown10
    _Token(array)
        key0dc735dbd83c41cba57b2734584457e696a9463a
        allowedControllers(empty)
        allowedActions(empty)
        unlockedFields(empty)
        csrfTokens(array)
            0dc735dbd83c41cba57b2734584457e696a9463a1421803346

ISP Webserver:

Session

  • 0(null)
====


Thanks in advance for any help you can offer for this very perplexing problem..

Cheers

Dave W.

--
Like Us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP
Find us on Twitter http://twitter.com/CakePHP

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: