Sunday, May 30, 2010

HtmlHelper within Helper causes sql_dump.ctp to fail.

Hello,

I have a quirky problem which I just noticed while preparing to
optimize the application my team is building. I haven't set the debug
value within config/core.php to "2" in a couple weeks to look at the
SQL output, and noticed today that it was completely broken. After
tinkering around a little, it seems that by using "var $helpers =
array('Html');" within MyHelper so that we have access to $this->Html
methods, it causes cake/libs/views/elements/sql_dump.ctp to completely
fail, and I am not entirely clear why.

My team hasn't altered any of the core CakePHP 1.3 library files, and
pages where we aren't using MyHelper render the sql_dump.ctp output
just fine. Has anyone experienced this before? I plan on spending a
little time to troubleshoot this more, but am checking with the list
with the hope that it's something simple that I have overlooked.

Brian Jones
brian.jones@istpika.com

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

No comments: