Saturday, May 29, 2010

Re: CakePHP Gigya Social Network Plugin

Hi WebbedIT,

I'm a fan of what gigya aims to be, and I've had a fun time
developing this plugin. The service is free to evaluate but there is
no set expiration. They do not advertise their fee anywhere on their
website, so I imagine they prefer to custom build their plans based on
traffic. However I do not know that for a fact.

I was hired to build a gigya plugin and my client has been nice enough
to allow me share it with the rest of the CakePHP community.

My personal Impressions of gigya are positive ones. They offer a solid
feature list for any major social network you'd want. Their api Is
well laid out and the service Is responsive.

If you're lookong for a 100% free social network plugin, I've also
developed a full featured Facebook plugin for cakephp. It will soon
Include the new graph system. I am in the process of developing a
similar full featured Twitter plugin I will release when its ready.

Facebook plugin example app:
Http://facebook.webtechnick.com

HTH,
Nick
On May 29, 3:44 am, WebbedIT <p...@webbedit.co.uk> wrote:
> I'd be really interested in knowing more info about your plugin and
> your experiences of gigya as I am about to launch a website for
> charities/not-for-profits which I want to be fully integrated with all
> of the big Social Networks and it's a lot of work to code for each API
> (I've only managed Twitter so far, well I have facebook and then they
> released their new Graph API).
>
> My project:http://localcause.org.uk
>
> Could we have a chat sometime when it's convenient for you?  I'm in
> the UK.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul.

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

No comments: