Monday, August 30, 2010

Re: delete() clears record, does not delete?

Hey, Cricket, thanks for getting back to me.

I tried using the ID originally and put it back that way just to make
sure I wasn't missing something. Nope. I'll have to keep playing with
it. If you think of anything, let me know! I'd appreciate it.

On Aug 26, 12:23 pm, cricket <zijn.digi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 1:40 PM, DragonFlyEye <dragonflyey...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Here's an interesting one. I don't know if this has something to do
> > with using the Tree model behavior or not.  What is happening is that,
> > when I go todeletearecord, the system clears all values except for
> > the ID andleavestherecordwhere it was.
>
> > Thedelete() function seems pretty straight forward, even for the Tree
> > behavior. I'm calling it like this:
> > $this->NavigationNode->id       = $this->params['form']['node'];
> > $message                                = $this->NavigationNode->delete();
>
> > And it's definitely working on the correct node_id. It just isn't
> > deleting therecorditself.
>
> That does seem odd. Have you tried passing the id todelete() instead
> of setting it on the model?

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

No comments: