Friday, October 29, 2010

Re: How to insert an empty string with CakePHP

i knew it^^

On 29 Okt., 13:58, Caroline <cdotc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ok, I am an idiot...
> After hours of debugging, I found the code where I, myself, unset the
> field if it is empty.
> Sorry about the waste of time and thanks for the help.
>
> On Oct 29, 9:05 pm, euromark <dereurom...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > i still dont get why $object['Taxcode']['description'] = '' should be
> > ignored
> > in my case it always sets the field toemptyin the database
>
> > what you are doing is exactly what happens if you use edit andemptya
> > field.
> > sure there is no callback, no whitelisting involved?
>
> > On 29 Okt., 04:27, Caroline <cdotc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Thanks for that, unfortunately, not luck with allowEmpty.
> > > I am going to report a bug and see what happens.
>
> > > On Oct 29, 11:40 am, cricket <zijn.digi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 8:41 PM, Caroline <cdotc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > sorry, not sure I follow. How?
> > > > > Because if the field is blank, Cake does notinsertNULL, it just
> > > > > ignore the field.
>
> > > > My bad. I forgot we were talking about an update. So, if the column
> > > > was defined to be DEFAULT NULL, and the user deletes the description
> > > > form element's content, you'd want the field to be updated to NULL. I
> > > > think you can achieve that by having the validation rule 'allowEmpty'
> > > > = true.> I would have to explicitly write
> > > > > If ($data['Taxcode']['description']=='') $data['Taxcode']
> > > > > ['description'] = null;
> > > > > before calling the save method.
> > > > > I know I can use beforeSave and other workarounds, but I just wanted
> > > > > to make sure I was not doing something wrong :P

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

No comments: