Saturday, January 29, 2011

Re: Setting up alternative email system

Thanks.

I'm not using the Email Component, but I think I should start. I'll
take a look at integrating that and then I can do what you suggested
to solve my problem.

Thanks again,
Sharon

On Jan 22, 8:46 pm, dtemes <dte...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are using the Email component you can specify smtp options to
> use a standard smtp account for sending.
>
> On 21 ene, 17:23, WhyNotSmile <sharongilmor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > A client has a site which is hosted on 1and1, and built with CakePHP.
> > Emails from the site are being blocked by some providers, due to
> > issues with 1and1.  He has asked me to look into hosting the email
> > side of things separately (he doesn't want to move the actual site
> > hosting).
>
> > Has anyone done this before?  Is it as simple as registering for email
> > hosting with a provider, and then changing
>
> >    ini_set("SMTP","smtp.1and1.com");
>
> > (in app_model.php) to the appropriate value for the new provider?  Or
> > is there anything else I'll have to do within the app so that the new
> > email hosts will recognise that the app is allowed to send emails?
>
> > I'm sure there'll be things I need to set up elsewhere, but I guess
> > they're not specific to CakePHP - I'm mainly looking for help on the
> > CakePHP side of things here (although if anyone wants to give advice
> > on the other things, please feel free to message me).
>
> > Thanks for any help you can offer.
>
> > Sharon

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.


To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php

No comments: