Sunday, January 30, 2011

Using two tables

Hi
I am working on implementing file upload functionality in my site, I
have a table called users which contains user's login information.
I want to have another table my_files with the following fields in
which I can store the file uploaded by the user.

`id`, `name`, `created`, `modified'

My database.php file has this:

<?php
class DATABASE_CONFIG
{
var $default = array('driver' => 'mysql',
'connect' => 'mysql_pconnect',
'host' => 'localhost',
'login' => 'root',
'password' => 'root',
'database' => 'users' );
}
?>


I want to know how should I include this new table in my code and use
it to save the uploaded file and its information.

This is my view file for upload option(upload.ctp):

<?php
echo $form->create('User', array('action' => 'upload', 'type' =>
'file'));
echo $form->file('File');
echo $form->submit('Upload');
echo $form->end();
?>


This is my only model file:
<?php
class User extends AppModel
{
var $name = 'User';
var $otherDB='my_files';
var $validate = array(
'username' => array(
'rule' => 'isUnique',
'message' => 'Username not available'
),
'password' => array(
'rule' => array('minLength',8),
'message' => 'Minimum length is 8'
),
'email' => array(
'rule' => array('email',true),
'message' => 'Enter valid email address'
)
);


}
?>

I have nothing for upload in the controller.

I have read previous posts about using multiple tables but could
really understand because of my limited knowledge in php/cake.
Thanks

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.


To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php

No comments: