Sunday, July 31, 2011

Re: ACL login -> forward to some kind of main-menue site?

I believe that you would place the $this->Auth-
>loginRedirect(array('controller' => 'controller_name', 'action' =>
'action_name', $options)); in your the controller that is responsible
for your Authentication. This would force a login redirect after a
successful login. The only time this does not effectively work is if
the visitor is coming to a link to somewhere in your site as CakePHP
keeps that information for sending the user to their requested
location.

If you wanted to force a user to go to this main-menue-site no matter
what, you could add $this->Auth->autoRedirect = false; to the
beforeFilter of the controller responsible for your Authentication.

I am fairly new myself, but I believe this should work to accomplish
what you asked about.

-spazzyv

On Jul 27, 1:45 pm, mivogtGermanyLU <miv...@mivogt.net> wrote:
> .. it's me again seeking some help and advice @ the group
>
> I added a very basic ACL to my cake app using the login() inside my
> users-controller
>
> after logging in I would like to get some redirection to a main-menue-
> site (i.e. ./rootdir/mainmenue.php)
>
> how and where to set the code for redirection?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> CU
>
> Michael

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.


To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php

No comments: