Thursday, March 29, 2012

Module based permissions cakephp 2.06

I'm fairly new to cakephp and I've searched for a few days now and
can't find an answer to my situation. I'm using cakphp 2.06

I'm building an application that has several modules. I'm trying to
create a user administration module so that after a user registers to
the application, a user administrator admin can grant that user access
to the different modules within the application. Users may have access
to any different combination of modules within the application. For
example: User1 could have access to module1 and module3 while User2
could have access to module2 and module3.

What I'm wanting to know is how to set this up using the Auth
component and if it's possible to use the ACL component as well?

I currently have the Auth and ACL components working in my application
but I'm having some issues with the ACL component. The issue that I'm
having is that I feel like I'm going to have to set up a group/role
for each user which is not what I want to do. If it's possible to
grant users access to the different modules using the ACL component
then can someone explain how to do it without creating a group/role
for each user? If this is not possible with the ACL component then can
someone explain or point me to an article on how to do this while
still using the Auth component in cakephp 2.x?

I've read the section ( http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/core-libraries/components/access-control-lists.html
) on ACL's and it seems like what I'm wanting to implement is the
matrix based permissions as described on that page. My application
will have at most 50 users and mostly likely around 20 users to
manage.

Thanks

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.


To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php

No comments: