Thursday, March 29, 2012

Re: XML DataSource or solution

Hello Carlos,

I have a similar requirement, and was not able to find an XML data source anywhere. 

The closest I have seen to one is this one, which is half finished (and also dual data source which is not what I need):


It seems that your own attempt is half finished as well. Does anyone know of a fully functional XML or Text Data Source for Cake PHP 2.x?

Thanks,
Pete

On Thursday, February 10, 2011 2:00:28 PM UTC-6, Carlos Paparoni wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm new to CakePHP and started using it in hopes of
developing a project assigned to me in a course at my university as
quickly as possible.

The project requires that I avoid the use of databases completely,
relying on XML files (or rather, file) to load, display, add, remove,
search and save data.

However, Cake relies mostly on databases, and while I managed to
actually avoid the use of any, and read the XML file, I don't know
where to go from there. I completed the blog tutorial and adapted it
for the project (mainly the index view), but that is what I have so
far.

I was searching online for a solution, but didn't find any (except for
code snippets here and there about writing a XML DS from scratch). I
thought about using the Array DataSource (since I can convert the XML
file into an array) but don't really know how exactly to implement
that.

Any ideas or suggestions? I would really appreciate some help.

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.
 
 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php

No comments: