Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Re: How to read an item from an array

Hello... you are get your project title   $title = $this->Project->field('title',array('condition'=>'condition'));



On Thursday, October 18, 2012 5:12:42 AM UTC-4, Cody Sortore wrote:
Okay, I'm a bit of a noob, but I've been messing with this all night and cannot figure it out.  I've had this problem before, but just figured out what my problem is, and although this particular issue isn't pressing, because I plan to use a similar item in the future I would like to understand what I'm missing here.

I'm looking for a way to read a single item from the database, I can pass it to the view rather easily, but reading it in the same controller is confounding me.

I've tried:

$title = $this->Project->read('title');
$title = $this->Project->find('first', array('fields' => array('Project.title'), 'conditions' => array('Project.id' => $id)));
$title = $this->Project->query("SELECT `title` FROM `Projects` WHERE `id`=$id");

All I'm trying to do is display a message that says "Hey you deleted this project" later I have

$this->Session->setFlash(__("Project $title deleted"));

However, when the message flashes all I see "Project Array deleted" with all three examples.  I understand what it's doing... I just don't understand why... how do I select the actual "title" from the array, instead of the entire array?

Using CakePHP 2.x if it makes a difference in this instance.

--
Like Us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP
Find us on Twitter http://twitter.com/CakePHP
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en.
 
 

No comments: