Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Re: Cake CLI no longer works

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 09:26:37 -0700, Ribamar FS wrote:

> Try to upgrade to Ubuntu 12.10.
> The version of PHP is the problem.

No. I've been running stock php from 12.04 + several custom compiled PHP without issue.
The problem lies somewhere else.

> Em domingo, 5 de maio de 2013 05h29min50s UTC-3, CrotchFrog escreveu:
>>
>> I've been running Cake on Ubuntu Server 12.04 for quite some time now and
>> never a problem. I don't necessarily have a problem with CakePHP itself,
>> but more than likely something changed on my system and I can't quite
>> figure it out.
>>
>> I recently tried to bake a model for a newly added table in one of my apps
>> and when I execute "cake" anywhere in my system or app all the way down to
>> /app/Console I'm greeted with *: No such file or directory*. The version
>> of Cake makes no difference, I have several versions on the server and I
>> tried two or three just to be sure.
>>
>> echoing *$PATH *returns *
>> /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/mnt/share/cake234/lib/Cake/Console
>> *so the problem is not there.

Check that your 'cake' file in has the executable bit:

$ ls -l /mnt/share/cake234/lib/Cake/Console/cake


>> Everything was working just fine as recently as a couple weeks ago and the
>> only real change to the system since then was a new install of Nagios.
>>
>> I'm still getting my feet wet with *nix so really unsure of where to start
>> looking for the cause of the problem.

Some commands to help check your path:

$ which php
$ which cake

--
Like Us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP
Find us on Twitter http://twitter.com/CakePHP

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: