Saturday, January 18, 2014

Console & Shells on sub-domains

I don't know why I can't wrap my head around this.

Situation:
I have multiple cake applications located as subdomains with my domain being organized as follows:

mydomain.com
    • site1.mydomain.com
    • site2.mydomain.com
    • site3.mydomain.com
    • etc...

I have installed my CakePHP Console under /usr/share/cakephp2.  I modified my .bash_profile to include this path for export PATH.  When I run cake from any location I get the "Welcome to CakePHP" message.

I have created a HelloShell.php following the instruction on the Cake website and placed it in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/site1/app/Console/Command.  then I run the following:

# cd /site1/app

# Console/cake hello

and get the following:

  • PHP Warning:  strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Denver' for 'MST/-7.0/no DST' instead in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/site2/lib/Cake/Cache/CacheEngine.php on line 60
  • Error: Shell class HelloShell could not be found.
    #0 /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/site2/lib/Cake/Console/ShellDispatcher.php(190): ShellDispatcher->_getShell('ba')
    #1 /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/site2/lib/Cake/Console/ShellDispatcher.php(68): ShellDispatcher->dispatch()
    #2 /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/site2/lib/Cake/Console/cake.php(51): ShellDispatcher::run(Array)
    #3 {main}

Question:

  1. Why is the ShellDispatcher looking in the site2 directory when I am running from the site1 app?
  2. If I place the same HelloShell.php in the /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/site2/app/Console/Command -- It runs without issue. 


Goal: My goal is to be able to run CRON jobs using shells from each of the subdomains. 

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. 

--
Like Us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP
Find us on Twitter http://twitter.com/CakePHP
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: