Thursday, February 26, 2015

Re: cakephp 3.0 supporting web hosting list

Hi Jose,

This is what I told you, This is first time I did not get support form hostgator in last 5 years. 

On Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 7:01:27 PM UTC+5:30, José Lorenzo wrote:
Is waiting 45 days for an answer quick support? :P

On Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 2:18:08 PM UTC+1, Cake Developer wrote:
Hi Jose,

I am using Hostgator since last 5 years they have instant support for any issue with toll free number. I see digital ocean has no quick support https://www.digitalocean.com/company/contact. This is the first time I face issue with hostgator.

Thanks



On Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 6:00:07 PM UTC+5:30, José Lorenzo wrote:
That is a lot of money! I guess you are hosting plenty sites in that server.

You can compare with DigitalOcean, for example, you get a very decent server for 160$ a year. https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing/

It requires a bit of server management knowledge, though. That is what you are paying for in hostgator.

On Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 12:16:54 PM UTC+1, Cake Developer wrote:
Hello Jose,

I am paying $180/yearly($15/month) to hostgator business plan. and I checked godaddy and found Ultimate plan $180/year which is equivalent to hostgator business plan.
but godaddy delux plan is okay with cost $108/year

Thanks

On Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 3:47:46 PM UTC+5:30, José Lorenzo wrote:
I'd like to ask you a couple things, for curiosity sake. How much are you paying in hostgator? and in your opinion is  5$ a month is an expensive deal?

On Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 10:22:24 AM UTC+1, Cake Developer wrote:
Hi Jose,

You won't believe I asked to hostgator so many times to install INTL extension. My ticket on hosgator is in pending status since last 45 days. I keep emailing/phone call them to resolve the ticket. But same response they cannot support INTL. I am waiting till final version of cakephp 3.0 release date If they come up with solution otherwise I will ask to refund.

Thanks I will try to switch on godaddy.



On Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 2:36:03 PM UTC+5:30, José Lorenzo wrote:
Even godaddy supports 5.4 and intl, and I wouldn't say they are expensive.

Ask your provider to install the intl extension, as it comes by a default in php 5.4. The more people asking for it, the quicker they will install it :)

On Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 9:32:13 AM UTC+1, Cake Developer wrote:
Hi Jose,

I am using shared hosting from hostgator.com (business plan) with php 5.4.38 and they do not support INTL extension also VPS solution of hostgator does not support INTL. Other provider's VPS may support INTL as per your thought.

But what I am thinking, only rich people can use cakephp 3.0 because they can only afford VPS cost. The only issue is INTL extension.
what do you think how middle class people will use cakephp 3.0 ?

Thanks


 On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 7:58:14 PM UTC+5:30, Cake Developer wrote:
Hello experts,

Please provide the web hosting list that support cakephp 3.0.

thanks

--
Like Us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP
Find us on Twitter http://twitter.com/CakePHP

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: