Monday, December 28, 2009

Re: paginating - several on one page

Hello Melanie,

The other poster is right that Pagination can only operate on one view
at a time. I've never really had a lot of luck with it to be honest
because I love the idea but feel that it still is slightly restrictive
in the real world complex functionality. To get around the
limitations I use jQuery's tablesorter. On the site http://www.countycriminal.com
I used Tablesorter with the Pager plugin -
http://www.novell.com/communities/node/8797/jquery-tablesorter-pagination-and-sorting-made-simple

Here's a real demo for it: http://tablesorter.com/docs/example-pager.html

Personally I used it in the administration section to
countycriminal.com to list all of the counties so we can make updates
to the counties to keep our data fresh.

It's not ideal I can understand, but it's a work-around.
Chad

On Dec 27, 1:11 pm, Melanie Sommer <melanie-som...@mailinator.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I try to have several tables with paginated data in one view.
>
> ###########################
> texttexttexttext
>
> div with paginated data 1
>
> div with paginated data 2
>
> div with paginated data 3
> ###########################
>
> When loading the page the first time everything seems correct except
> for all counters
>
> In the controller I have these lines:
> $data1= $this->paginate('data1');
> $data2= $this->paginate('data2');
> $data2= $this->paginate('data3');
>
> There seems to be only one counter (for data1)? What do I have to do
> to get several counters?
>
> When updating the paginated divs, alls three divs contain now data1.
> I have theese lines in my code - no check from which div the call
> came. Where can I access this data? Where do I have to put it
> $paginator->options()?
>
> if($this->RequestHandler->isAjax()){
>         $this->viewPath = 'elements';
>         $this->render('paging1');
>
> }
>
> I am sorry if my text is a bit confusing. English is a foreign
> language for me and I do not really know how to describe my problem.
> Thank you for any suggestions!
>
> Melanie

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

No comments: