Saturday, January 30, 2010

Re: Error after adding database.php file to project (happening on Windows and Ubuntu)

First of all: Thank you guys for the responses! I really appreciate! :)

The problem is now fixed (on Windows)!

The problem was I installed PHP using a windows installer and when asked to install the extensions I never installed them. So, in order to PHP connect to MySQL it needs the mysql extension. 

I was able to find this out when, without using cake, I was trying to make PHP connect to mysql. When trying that, there was no errors, just a blank screen, but I knew it was not able to connect. So, after installing the php-mysql extension, I was able to connect and cake was able to access the database.

I was really a stupid mistake but I believed it was a CakePHP problem because of that page that, when not able to connect o mysql, was loosing all it styles.

And I'm sorry for the delay on writing this reply to you guys. I really appreciate the help! :)

Unfortunatelly I'm not able to make this work on Linux (Ubuntu). I have the mysql extension installed but PHP is not able to connect to the database. But this is not a CakePHP problem. I'm going to search a little more about this problem.

Thanks again! I really appreciate all the help! :)



On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 5:59 AM, Fran Iglesias <cakephpilia@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

El 21/01/2010, a las 23:44, Lucas Loss escribió:


4. Then I've renamed the file database.php.default to database.php;
5. Back to the browser I reloaded the page and noticed a new sentence:

I miss a step between these. Have you configured your database connection in database.php? And, by the way, is a database server up and running?


see a print of the page on http://yfrog.com/jp125afterdatabasep;

Have you read the error message in the top? It looks that you need to set the right permissions in the tmp folder so Apache can write.

Please, read the manual on installation, I think the answers are all there.


Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.
 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

No comments: