Friday, January 29, 2010

TimeAgoInWords in another language

Hi all,

I keep runnign into this problem and there is probably something I
don;t understand or do right.
I'm using the Time helper to display some upcoming activities using
the timeAgoInWords function. Everything works fine and it displays it
correct like: "3 days, 15 hours" or "on "12-2-10".

However, I want to display this in another language (Duth in this
case). I'm trying everything I found, setlocale, Configure::write
('Config.language', 'nld'), and something about a __() function, but
nothing changes. I even tried every localecode I found like this:

setlocale(LC_ALL, array('Dutch_Netherlands', 'Dutch', 'nl_NL', 'nl',
'nl_NL.ISO8859-1'));

But to no avail...

Exactly what is needed to change this in another language? Do I need
to install something, set the server to something, download a
translation file, use setlocale, __(), Config::Write, or something
else?

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

No comments: