Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Session data not being displayed

Using my app_controller I am trying to debug my session data. In all
my controllers I am receiving
Array
(
[Config] => Array
(
[userAgent] => c03e2e173822ed9de51b506bf80e16f8
[time] => 1277726475
[timeout] => 300
)
)
which is correct but 1 which is returning empty. I am not changing my
components array in the entries_controller.php (the one that isn't
working).

I have beenhunting since yesterday trying to find the root of the
problem and have no idea where else to look.
My app_controller looks like this:

<?php
App::import('Core', 'l10n', 'Sanitize', 'CakeSession');
class AppController extends Controller {

public $components = array('Session','Cookie','ControllerList');

function beforeFilter() {
parent::beforeFilter();
debug($this->Session->read());//returns all Session information
}

}

and my entries_controller looks like:

class EntriesController extends AppController {

var $name = 'Entries';

function index() {
$this->Session->write("test",2);
debug($this->Session->read());
}
}

The second problem is that setting the session variable "test" to 2
works but only in that controller.

Has anybody got any ideas where I should start looking for the
solution to the problem?
I really am pulling out my hair :-)

After searching the group I have checked and session.auto_start is set
to 0

Cheers,
Taff

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

No comments: