Thursday, July 29, 2010

Re: Controller not working on live site

Yeah had a look at apache error logs - nothing there at all. No
errors.

I have found the problem line (I have NO idea how this can be broken)

$data = $this->paginate('Property');

If I do this:

pr($this->paginate);
$data = $this->paginate('Property');

Then it just prints out the paginate array without any layout.

// pr($this->paginate);
$data = $this->paginate('Property');

If I comment out that pr() line then I get the full 500 error with
layout.

I'm running php-5.2.13 and mysql-5.1. Site runs fine on my dev server
at home with php-5.1.13 and mysql-5.0

Site has exact same configuration as home server, site runs in the
root folder on its own domain. I tried uploading the cake/ folder
again but no avail. I've even re-uploaded the entire site from dev-
>live again. Still nothing.

Pulling my hair out!

On Jul 29, 4:33 pm, "Dr. Loboto" <drlob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Something on this URL issues error 500, Apache tries to show
> appropriate error page, but there is no 500.shtml in your webroot, so
> Cake catch this request and looks for "500.shtml" controller.
>
> Check Apache error log.
>
> On Jul 29, 7:01 pm, meekamoo <bryanpadd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Forgot to mention that I have looked in:
>
> > app_controller.php
> > app_model.php
> > core.php
> > bootstrap.php
> > routes.php
>
> > And I cant't find anything there that would cause this?
>
> > On Jul 29, 1:58 pm, meekamoo <bryanpadd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hey guys,
>
> > > Have a weird problem here - site works fine on local server but as
> > > soon as I upload it to the live site I have this very strange problem.
>
> > > I have a properties controller (guessed it, a property site). When I
> > > view /properties/index on local site it correctly displays all the
> > > properties.
>
> > > On the live site I get a Ooops 500 Controller not found, Please
> > > create /controllers/500.shtml_controller.php
>
> > > I have no idea why it is doing this!
>
> > > Can anyone point me int he right direction as to where I should be
> > > looking to source this error? The rest of the site works 100%.
>
> > > I have no routes that would conflict with this (only the / => homepage
> > > (not properties controller), /pages => content and /admin routes are
> > > set)
>
> > > Not sure why it's doing this?!

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

No comments: