Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Migrating from CakePHP 1.1 - Yikes?!

Hi,

I have a web-application written in CakePHP 1.1 which is non-trivial
and where I was not the original developer. I am just getting back
into this project now and picking it up off the ground.

I am wondering how painful it will be for me to migrate to the latest
version of CakePHP (1.3) ? I realize its a factor of the code
(details), my skills and the needs/longevity of the application - but
whats your gut feeling for a 30000+ LOC typical business app for an
senior engineer (intermediate php developer)?

Maybe I should just limp it along under 1.1?

Thanks.

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

No comments: