Monday, November 29, 2010

Re: RequestHandler::isAjax() buggy?

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Dr. Loboto <drloboto@gmail.com> wrote:
> Check that request is really done. I never saw this in anything except
> IE, but in IE it is always aggressive caching when browser do not
> repeat request to the same URL in the short period of time at all. If
> you see same (no real request) in other browsers it is definitely
> aggressive caching by headers of your app or your web server.

What's weird is i was seeing it in 3 separate browsers. I didn't check
IE because I was stressed enough without having to boot Windows, as
well (it kind of always gives me the creeps :-) That's why i assumed
it must be server-side. Unfortunately, my stress level made me jump to
conclusions about isAjax(). (And, yes, I'm pretty embarrassed about
that) So I next wondered about Apache. Except nothing's been changed
there recently.

In the end, the bug disappeared. I was making repeated requests with
Firebug's Net tab open. Nothing. A Heisenbug, perhaps. I don't know
what I might have done to fix the problem. I did dump the cache, but I
was seeing the problem after that. Then ... no more bug. I hate that,
because I don't know if/when it's going to appear again.

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

No comments: