Monday, November 29, 2010

Re: CakePHP Model uses the wrong fields in SQL statements!

Just a little update from myself...ever since I converted the code to
use custom query (model->query()), I have been processing millions of
records like a knife cutting through butter.

I do still want to hunt down this bug in any way I can. I will try to
create a small test case if it is even possible.

Thanks.

On Nov 26, 3:10 am, keymaster <ad...@optionosophy.com> wrote:
> John Steele,
>
> Rather than continuing on this thread, where you'll probably get (in
> my opinion) unnecessarily get heckled, why not create a lighthouse
> ticket and attach a small, reproduceable testcase that has the
> problem, the db and as concise a slice of your app as possible.
>
> Cake is solid, very solid, but it does not mean no bugs will ever be
> found for the rest of time.
>
> You would be doing everyone a service if you found a bug and properly
> documented it.
>
> I imagine a bug like this (if indeed it's a bug) would receive due
> attention and be fixed in the next maintenance release, probably
> patched sooner.
>
> All the best.
>
> On Nov 25, 10:06 pm, Jeremy Burns | Class Outfit
>
> <jeremybu...@classoutfit.com> wrote:
> > Amusing.
>
> > Jeremy Burns
> > Class Outfit
>
> > jeremybu...@classoutfit.comhttp://www.classoutfit.com
>
> > On 25 Nov 2010, at 19:44, AD7six wrote:
>
> > > On Nov 25, 8:40 pm, John Steele <john.david.ste...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >>>>> FWIW/For info I've (as I'm sure have many) run many batch processes
> > >>>>> inserting hundreds of thousands or millions of rows at a time.
>
> > >>>> As have I, and I have not noticed a bug while doing so.
>
> > >>> So, if only some of your shells generate this error, and some don't -
> > >>> what conclusion can you draw about that? <- rhetorical
>
> > >> TL;DR: It seems to affect Model->find('first') with multiple
> > >> conditions.
>
> > >> Nowhere in there did I say "It seems to affect Model->save()..."
>
> > > Then why are you quoting sql which includes inserts?
> > > "INSERT INTO `foos` (`bar`, `baz`) VALUES (128921, 128922)"
>
> > > and I
> > >> didn't say that because I have never encountered a problem "inserting
> > >> hundreds of thousands or millions of rows at a time."
> > >> I do however consistently encounter the problem I have described while
> > >> READING hundreds of thousands or millions of rows at a time. If you
> > >> are going to continue to not read what I have written, then it is not
> > >> worth my time to write it. I have work to do.
>
> > > I bet if you investigate you're going to find the QUERY cache is
> > > getting collisions.
>
> > >> Good day, Sir.
>
> > > I'll take my tie off then ;)
>
> > > Check out the new CakePHP Questions sitehttp://cakeqs.organdhelp others with their CakePHP related questions.
>
> > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
> > > To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
> > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

No comments: