Monday, April 30, 2012

Re: cakePHP 2.1, ckeditor + ckfinder

1. Check the folder is present at the correct location.
2. Please check the folder permissions are correct.
3. The folder needs 777 permissions for uploading a file.
4. set

function CheckAuthentication()
{
// WARNING : DO NOT simply return "true". By doing so, you are
allowing
// "anyone" to upload and list the files in your server. You must
implement
// some kind of session validation here. Even something very simple
as...

// return isset($_SESSION['IsAuthorized']) &&
$_SESSION['IsAuthorized'];

// ... where $_SESSION['IsAuthorized'] is set to "true" as soon as
the
// user logs in your system. To be able to use session variables
don't
// forget to add session_start() at the top of this file.

return true;
}

Hope this will help.

On May 1, 8:25 am, Sean <sean.rac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For those that are having this problem as well, here is what I was able to
> do. This took a lot of trial and error on my part!
>
> I have mine in:
>
> app/webroot/js/ckeditor
> app/webroot/js/ckfinder
>
> I don't have anything special in my ckeditor config, just the default.
>
> For ckfinder, here is my config:
>
> * Put these lines at the top of the file after the <?php :
>      * session_name('YOUR SESSION NAME'); - I found that my session name
> was NOT 'CAKEPHP' but what I have the cookie named.
>      * session_start();
>
> * In CheckAuthentication I have:
>      *  if (!empty($_SESSION["Auth"])) {
> if(!empty($_SESSION['Auth']['User']['admin'])) {
> return true;}
> }
>
> return false;
>      * The only place that I use ckeditor and ckfinder is in my admin area,
> so I not only check
>        for user logged in, but also for admin privileges as well.
> (Although, if it's configured properly
>        non admin users shouldn't be able to reach that point anyway, just
> for added security.)
>
> For the $baseURL:
>      * $baseURL = '/path_to_cake_app/app/webroot/img/files/' - trailing
> slash required!!!
>        (eg. '/test_dir/app/webroot/img/files/'
>      * For the default ckfinder directory:
> '/path_to_cake_app/app/webroot/js/ckfinder/userfiles/'
>      * I haven't tried this on my live host yet, but I would think that
> simply removing the leading path to the app
>        would work in a production environment ('/app/webroot/...'), I
> should know shortly as I expect to turn this
>        into production very soon.
>
> For the $baseDir:
>      * $baseDir = resolveUrl($baseUrl); - this is the default configuration
> and works well.
>
> For the view:
>      *  <?php echo $this->Form->input('body', array('id' => 'body', 'class'
> => 'ckeditor', 'label' => false)); ?>
> <script type="text/javascript">
> var CustomHTML = CKEDITOR.replace( 'body',
> {filebrowserBrowseUrl :
> '/path_to_cake/app/webroot/js/ckfinder/ckfinder.html',filebrowserWindowWidth
> : '1000',filebrowserWindowHeight : '700'}
> );
> </script>
>
> What I haven't quite figured out is how to turn the label off on the
> replaced editor. I have CSS that puts an asterisk (*) after required fields
> and it appears at the very bottom right after the editor window. Anyone
> have any ideas on how to remove the label from that? I assume it's being
> treated as a form field of it's own. I'm not as familiar with JS as I am
> PHP and CakePHP.
>
> Any help with that little issue would be appreciated.
>
> Elsewise, I hope this helps.
>
> Sean
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Friday, April 27, 2012 2:21:45 PM UTC-4, Sean wrote:
>
> > Hello again,
>
> > I am working with cakePHP 2.1.0 and have incorporated ckeditor and
> > ckfinder. I have gotten the editor window to come up and even gotten the
> > ckfinder "Browse Server" button to work. What I am having problems with now
> > is that when I hit the "Browse Server" button, the window opens, but gives
> > me the dreaded "Folder not found. Please refresh and try again." error.
>
> > I have Googled, and RTFM, but to no avail. I'm not sure what else to do. I
> > have tried using my own file structure, and using the default.
>
> > Here is some code:
>
> > /*
> > To make it easy to configure CKFinder, the $baseUrl and $baseDir can be
> > used.
> > Those are helper variables used later in this config file.
> > */
>
> > /*
> > $baseUrl : the base path used to build the final URL for the resources
> > handled
> > in CKFinder. If empty, the default value (/userfiles/) is used.
>
> > Examples:
> > $baseUrl = 'http://example.com/ckfinder/files/';
> > $baseUrl = '/userfiles/';
>
> > ATTENTION: The trailing slash is required.
> > */
> > $baseUrl = '/js/ckfinder/userfiles/';
>
> > /*
> > $baseDir : the path to the local directory (in the server) which points to
> > the
> > above $baseUrl URL. This is the path used by CKFinder to handle the files
> > in
> > the server. Full write permissions must be granted to this directory.
>
> > Examples:
> > // You may point it to a directory directly:
> > $baseDir = '/home/login/public_html/ckfinder/files/';
> > $baseDir = 'C:/SiteDir/CKFinder/userfiles/';
>
> > // Or you may let CKFinder discover the path, based on $baseUrl.
> > // WARNING: resolveUrl() *will not work* if $baseUrl does not start with a
> > slash ("/"),
> > // for example if $baseDir is set to  http://example.com/ckfinder/files/
> > $baseDir = resolveUrl($baseUrl);
>
> > ATTENTION: The trailing slash is required.
> > */
> > $baseDir = resolveUrl($baseUrl);
>
> > At the moment, I have authentication turned off. I don't think it will
> > matter as this is in the admin area which has NO public access. Only myself
> > and another admin.
> > I have tried to use authentication and couldn't get that working either.
>
> > I just don't know what these settings should be. I really like cakePHP,
> > but getting ckfinder has been REALLY mind-blowing.
> > I made this conversion b/c my old FCKeditor didn't work when I ported over
> > from 1.2
>
> > Any help would be appreciated.
>
> > Thanks

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.


To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php

No comments: