Thursday, November 29, 2012

portal to server cluster problem

Greetings, I am a cake newbie. My Cakephp site had worked fine for 3
years on a single server, except for rare (once every 3-6 months)
occurances of prolonged (3 -24 hrs) 500 Internal Server Errors when I
tried to run scripts that accessed the database. Static pages on the
site have always worked fine.

When I would call my hosting company regarding these 500 errors I was
never able to get a definite answer as to why they were occuring, but
one tech support guy suggested that it could simply be memory issues,
and since that I was on an older type server, I should switch to a
newer server cluster and the 500 errors may stop happening.

I had them switch me to the new server type and now I am unable to use
the login portions of my website. All static pages still load fine.
when I try to login, no error appears, but it simply redisplays the
same login screen with the password erased. My hosting company has
looked at it and can find anything wrong on their end and are
insisting it is a scripting issue. However, it seems like a server
issue to me, since I didn't change any code and it stopped working on
the newer server. They suggest the only thing that might need changing
in the scripting due to the new server is the absolute path to my site
on the shared server.

If this is the case, what cake file do I change the absolute path in?
Any insights into other cake files that may need to be looked at? I
did have a similar issue a couple years ago when the server was
maintained and/or upgraded and adding

#Options +Includes
Options -Multiviews

to the .htaccess file fixed the problem. However, I have tried a
couple modifications of this file and have tried renaming it to
"erase" it, but the problem persists unchanged.

Thanks for your help

--
Like Us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP
Find us on Twitter http://twitter.com/CakePHP

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en.

No comments: