Sunday, August 25, 2013

RE: Email Header Issue

Weird thing is I just went back to and old version 1.3.10 from the archive and tested it and it sends the html email to Craigslist perfect who forward to the person posting the ad

(for testing purposes I am replying to my own ad, and in the backend I can select from various email accounts to send from; my domain, gmail, yahoo, Hotmail and other domain names I have registered)

I created a few dummy posts and reply to them and 1.3.10 the reply goes thru perfect, message delivered. Hits my inbox, In 2.x nothing, no reply goes thru.

 

In 2.x I can test sending emails to me, friends to see .gmail / .yahoo / Hotmail accounts all display the HTML message so it is sending the messages.

No errors reported, logs empty, data saved to database, just gets chewed up between 2.x <-> Craigslist <-> My Inbox

 

Dave

 

From: cake-php@googlegroups.com [mailto:cake-php@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Vanja Dizdarevic
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2013 1:09 PM
To: cake-php@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Email Header Issue

 

A few possibilities to check:

 

- Your domain's A records, MX records, SPF records (must be in order)

- Check if the target server bounces an admin notice back to the From: email

- Your server's mailer software setup

- Html emails WITH text versions usually have better reception

- Check to see if you are blacklisted on any spam directories.

- Send it to yourself and paste the headers here.


Sending emails from a server can really be a pain in the bud sometimes, so make sure to set aside ample time to resolve this issue correctly. :D

 

--
Like Us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP
Find us on Twitter http://twitter.com/CakePHP
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: