Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Re: i18n problem

First time I see this. What Cake version are you using?

On Monday, October 20, 2014 8:56:39 AM UTC+2, Lucky1968 wrote:
Hi,

Is there anyone who can help me with this?

Thanx.

On Wednesday, October 1, 2014 9:32:05 AM UTC+2, Lucky1968 wrote:
Hi,

I'm using i18n in my application and it seems that in certain views I can use $array['translated_field'] as in other views I need to use $array[0]['Model__i18n_translated_field'] to get the same information coming from the same find in the same model.

Can anyone tell me why this is?

This is my code:

MY MODEL (SettingsSite.php):
<code>
class SettingsSite extends AppModel {

public $actsAs = array(
'Translate' => array(
'slogan'
)
);

...

public function first_site() {
return $this->find('first', array('recursive' => -1));
}

}
</code>

MY VIEWS:
<code>
App::import('Model', array('SettingsSite'));
$settingsSiteObj = new SettingsSite();
$first_site = $settingsSiteObj->first_site();
</code>

RESULTS:
In (almost) all my view files within my main application and in all my view files in plugins I get the results like this:
array(  	'SettingsSite' => array(  		...  		'locale' => 'eng',  		'slogan' => 'Translated Slogan'  	)  )
But in (apparently form-) view files in my main application I get the results like this:
array(  	'SettingsSite' => array(  		...  		'locale' => 'eng',  		'slogan' => ''  	),  	(int) 0 => array(  		'SettingsSite__i18n_slogan' => 'Translated Slogan'
) )
As said, all the code in the view files is identical and therefor pointing to the same function in the same model. And the a.m. result code is the result of debug() within the models function, so IMHO, shouldn't be influenced by anything else in the view file.

Can someone tell me why this is?

Thanx.

Luc

--
Like Us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP
Find us on Twitter http://twitter.com/CakePHP

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: