Thursday, January 21, 2010

Re: Non-database fields in view

Please read the following from the CakePHP book:
http://book.cakephp.org/view/189/Automagic-Form-Elements

That should explain a little about passing data as an array to the
view for presentation.
Enjoy,
John

On Jan 21, 6:49 pm, Merrill Kingston <mkings...@weblinesys.com> wrote:
> Okay, I've narrowed this down more.
>
> I'm actually trying to render an array, one member at a time. So,
> $form->input("something[$i]") doesn't work. I've verified the data is
> there, by simply doing $form->input("something") and a single field is
> rendered as a drop down list. I have even tried, in the view, to loop
> through the array and set a single variable to the current member and
> then do a set(), but the value doesn't seem to be available.
>
> So, the question is, how do I render an array one member at a time?
>
>
> [snip]

No comments: