Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Do I need to use sanitize?

I'm creating a website which has a few forms, and wondering whether I
need to use Sanitize for those. In each case, there are a few text
boxes which accept input from visitors; that information gets emailed
to a central address. Nothing is stored in the database.

Do I need to use sanitize for that, or is it mainly for times when the
form data is going into the database?

I also wasn't completely clear on the documentation about sanitize -
it says Cake automatically uses it for saving and reading, but does
that include 'find' functions, and do I have to include
App::import('Sanitize'); to make it work (i.e. it's automatic once
it's included)?

Thanks!

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

No comments: