Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Issues grabbing $_POST information

Hi All:

I'm working on building a REST API for my web service. I'm learning a
lot along the way about how API's work and how great CakePHP is to
build quick prototypes. My problem comes when i try to make an API
call to pull information about a specific UUID. I pass the UUID in a
request header on my rest client (tried many of them) but nothing
shows in the $_POST variable. I've done a few print_r() calls for
that variable in various locations to see what pops up (pre-auth and
post-auth) but nothing seems to be passed. Am I looking in the wrong
location for information that is passed in the request header?

Google searches have returned no results (of course i am going cross-
eyed from all this troubleshooting).

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
David

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

No comments: