Saturday, July 27, 2013

Re: One Core, One App, One Databsse, Multiple Domains & Multiple Themes

Elliot I'm lookign for that too.
Till now I got this article that is helping me a lot.


Em quinta-feira, 25 de julho de 2013 09h55min29s UTC-3, Elliot escreveu:
Hello Everyone,

I am a new addition to the world of CakePHP, and have only created / followed the blog tutorial, and extended it with users. I have been reading the 2.0 book to become more familiar with the framework.

Before I commit to moving to CakePHP, I have a couple of questions.

Currently, I develop a multi domain / multi theme CMS system which is procedural PHP. By doing this I have been able to create a single system on a single database with multiple domains and themes.

I take the $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] and look it up in a table of "brands" and then return a brand_id and theme directory. I then suffix all my SQL queries with "and brand_id = X".

I am looking to move over to Cake as the current platform has become overwhelming in size and complexity.

So in short...

Can I create an application with One Core, One App, One Database that can serve Multiple Domains and Themes?

Would I use $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] to look up the domain and return back a brand_id and theme?

I don't really want to have multiple databases, as if we had a large number of customers making changes across all databases could prove time consuming.

I certainly don't want to have multiple controllers and multiple models, but in some cases we would want a bespoke view if a customer had a specific requirement.

Any guidance on a basic configuration to get me started would be great. Would each Model "belong to" a "brand"? How would you "serve" up a brand?

Name: Brand1 Domain: www.brand1.com ThemeDir: Brand1
Name: Brand2 Domain: www.brand2.com ThemeDir: Brand2

Thanks

Elliot


--
Like Us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP
Find us on Twitter http://twitter.com/CakePHP
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments: