Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Looking for Help with Cakephp basics .. aka looking for a mentor

Hello Cakephp users,
    I am just looking for someone that is familiar with Cakephp and can help me figure out simple processes in CakePhp.

I am looking for help with things like:

~ uploading a image
~ saving a form to say products table, but saving images uploaded to a product_images table.
~ how to save $this->Form->year()  .. breaks my code says its an Array.
~ implementing plugins, helpers, components, etc
~ building a category tree with products showing in each level of the category tree.

I probably have a number of other questions as well.   I have hunted google for tutorials, video tutorials, i have read
the cookbook and tried the cake irc channel (with some success).

I just realize that I am wasting hours of my time looking for solutions that could be answered in a simple
email or chat. 

I find that there is very little out there for Cakephp 2.0 tutorials and they are looking to bring out cakephp 3.

Even the Cakephp Youtube channel doesn't have simple tutorials on say creating a form and dealing with filling dropdown lists.
They go into advance topics, where most new cakephp users just want to get past the basic functionality learning curve.

Yes I have done the blogging tutorial and found Andrew Perkins tutorials on youtube to be excellent.  I actually wish he had more.

So if you or someone you know can help me, that would be greatly appreciated.

I am actually getting to the point of looking at Zend Framework .. because I really don't see a vibrant CakePHP community.



--
Like Us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP
Find us on Twitter http://twitter.com/CakePHP
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: