Friday, December 20, 2013

Re: Looking for Help with Cakephp basics .. aka looking for a mentor

Hello Reuben,
  I want to thank you for that well thought reply, the answers and pointers you have given me.  I really do try and find the answers through google, the cook book, youtube and irc.  I just know that sometimes people can answer your question in a couple minutes that will save you hours of wasting your time.
I have read through the cook book a few times already and though it does give some basic examples it lacks answering common problems.

I have done the blog tutorial, expanded it with Andrew Perkins youtube tutorials to add in authorization.  I have built a basic administration section and a user account section with routing (that took way too much time messing around).  I have been able to create form dropdowns that get populated from other models, and I recognize the data['User']['purchased']['year']  from the examples.  I have built a number of different sections like products, manufacturers, dealers, deals, users using the basic scaffolding. 

I do need to get into the Category Tree Structure, which I have looked into a number of examples, going to need to implement Pagination, Breadcrumbs and a proper Search tool (that works with multi-word searches).  Not to mention uploading multiple images for a product with a main (or default) image set.  I have been looking into using a plugin to do the image upload but that has been challenging to get one installed and working properly.

The next time I post .. I will keep it to one problem and try and layout what I have done.

Have a good Christmas.


--
Like Us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP
Find us on Twitter http://twitter.com/CakePHP
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: