Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Re: CAKE 3.0 Tutorials using SQLITE

Thankyou, I'll look into that and learn the migrations system in PART 3 of the Blog tutorial.  My perspective at this point, was as someone new to cake just trying to follow the turorials to see if cakephp was something within my grasp.  The mysql above with instructions to execute the following SQL is part of the tutorial. If I knew SQLITE better, I would have got it converted to SQlite correctly first time!  When I get to PART 3 of the tutorial, I'll play with migrations;
 
Thankyou.
 
On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 3:24:50 AM UTC-4, José Lorenzo wrote:
If you use the migrations plugin, there is no need to use the correct SQL for creating the database, as cake will take care of generating everything correctly for you.

Check the sections of the tutorial about using the migrations plugin.

On Monday, September 21, 2015 at 3:38:11 AM UTC+2, jacmgr wrote:
I ahev successfully installed cake and Mysql and completed the tutorials for bookmarks and blog.  Now I want to use SQlite.  I can successfully connect to my sqlite database.  I tried using the same Mysql statements found on page 13 of the cookbook that were successful with Mysql; however,  I got several errors and the tables were not created.   Does any one have a export of the sql statements that will work in SQlite.  I really would like to use SQlite.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. These are the errors and not sure how to modify so that they are consistent with cake:

--
Like Us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP
Find us on Twitter http://twitter.com/CakePHP

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: