Saturday, February 28, 2009

ACL and Auth with additional checking

Hello,

I need to do some additional row level ACL access control for two of
my models.

My system has the following groups: admins, editors, authors and
users.

I'm restricting access to my controller actions using the Auth
component, via $this->Auth->authorize = 'actions'.

At the moment, my authors have access to "controllers/Papers/view", I
need to be able to limit their access to "controllers/Papers/view/n".
Whether I use a custom query to check access to "n" or an ACL, I don't
mind, both are feasible so whichever is easier.

Similarly, I need to control access to "controllers/Volumes/view/n"
for editors.

Does anyone have any suggestions for achieving this?

Thanks,
Aidan
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: