Friday, February 27, 2009

Re: Very slow response times with CakePHP

Where are you actually changing that?
Because my bootstrap.php (the one in /cake/bootstrap.php )
have this:
require CAKE . 'dispatcher.php';

no App::import there


On Feb 9, 4:19 pm, Emanuel Nedelcu <emanuel.nede...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've reduce the request time of a page by changing bootstrap.php file
> like this:
>  //App::import('Core', array('Dispatcher'));
>  include('dispatcher.php')
>
> I've noticed that it takes a lot of time to load the dispatcher using
> the App::import function, so since bootstrap and dispatcher are in the
> same folder I thought it won't be a problem to load the dispatcher
> using include.
>
> Emanuel
>
> On Dec 16 2008, 4:09 pm, GeneSys <bernhard.bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey Folks!
>
> > So I'm using CakePHP for a couple of months now. The company I am
> > working at asked me to write a new web portal for them, so I thought,
> > "Well, Cake could make it!"
>
> > After spending some hours the website was (nearly) finished and so I
> > put it on the webspace the old webpage was at.
>
> > I already noticed during development that the site requests took about
> > 3 - 5 secs until the page displayed, but I thought this is due to my
> > development environment (i just installed the XAMPP from apachefriends
> > with all default settings), but after uploading the website on the
> > host it got even worse.
>
> > Request times are between 4 to (up to!) 15 secs. Which is really ..
> > tooslowfor a business website. I also tried to cache a lot of
> > database requests so I limited most of the page calls to only 3 or 4
> > queries. But still load times are as high as they were before.
>
> > So there are some facts about my project: It is just a small
> > project ...
> >  - Core
> >    - 1 Model, 1 Controller, some views
> >  - 5 Plugins: Often containing nothing more than a model and a
> > controller
> >  - intended use: about 1000 visitors per month
>
> > So i don't have the faintest idea why cakePHP is running thatslow?
>
> > Probably someone could take a look at the website:http://www.eurolyser.com/v4/
> > (cakePHP)http://www.eurolyser.com/_new/(oldwebsite, plain PHP and
> > html) and tell what could be the problem about the high load times?
>
> > I don't know which configuration settings to post and due to security
> > concerns I just don't want to publish the whole cake config or
> > phpinfo. But if any information is necessary needed please don't
> > hesitate to ask.
>
> > Thank you all in advance guys!
>
>
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: