Thursday, February 26, 2009

Model Q: HABTM association the right way to go?

I'm not new to cake but I've never gotten into the associations and
I'm a little bit confused:

I have several tables:
- Projects
- Systems
- Organizations
- Volunteers
- Students
- Computers
- Divisions

and
- Location

Each table will be able to have a location so they all have a
"location_id" foreignKey.

Since location will belong to all the other tables I would have to do
a HABTM association correct?

If so, will I have to create all those joinTables?

Is there a easier way to do this without creating all those extra
tables?
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: