Monday, March 30, 2009

Re: CakePHP Multilevel Users

I do something similar. But I DO use the Auth component. ACL is a
bit too much for my needs so I didn't go with it.

All I have is a status column in my user table that is an enum
('user','manager','admin').

I then use beforeFilters and isAuthorized in app_controller to check
for admin or manager in a route and verify the user is admin or
manager status ($this->Auth->user('status') == 'admin'). I went this
route because cake with the Auth component already gives you 2 layers
of authentication access just out of the box; but I wanted 3 layers
without getting into the complicated ACL component.

On Mar 28, 11:59 am, Zorancho <boy4d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi to all
> I am building a multilevel users application, but i don't want to use
> the Auth or ACL components, cause they give me so much troubles, i
> want to manage to create the whole thing with using my own functions
> so i can have different groups of users like Administrators, Managers
> and the common Users. So i was wondering if i could use in the
> core.php:
> Configure::write('Routing.admin', 'admin');
> Configure::write('Routing.manager', 'manager');
>
> and then in the controllers to have actions like admin_add,
> manager_add, admin_delete, manager_delete etc...
> Is this possible to do in cake? How safe would be to place this kind
> of made application in production?
> Also, another question is about javascript, i personally prefer to
> work with MooTools (which i find much easier to understand than
> Prototype or Jquery) and could i use that one with CakePHP? Has anyone
> ever used them together? I have never found any real world example of
> using MooTools and CakePHP together, so i was having doubts. Thanks in
> advance.
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: