Monday, March 30, 2009

Re: Paginate Find All Results

Hi

Have you come across this article
http://cakebaker.42dh.com/2007/10/17/pagination-of-data-from-a-habtm-relationship/
?

I think the approach outlined in it might be worth looking at, in
essence just build all your relationships inside paginate, as if it
were just a bit of SQL...

On Mar 30, 2:38 am, timtrice <tim.tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the following Find query to retrieve search results from my DB:
>
>                         $this->set(
>                                 'results',
>                                 $this->Feed->FeedContent->find(
>                                         'all',
>                                         array(
>                                                 'conditions' => 'MATCH( name, keywords, description, encoded )
> AGAINST ( \'' . $keyword . '\')',
>                                                 'fields' => '*, MATCH( name, keywords, description, encoded )
> AGAINST( \'' . $keyword . '\' ) AS score '
>                                         )
>                                 )
>                         );
>
> I'd like to paginate the results but I absolutely cannot find a way
> without generating errors.  I can't alter my paginate array I
> immediately declared in my Controller because that array is also
> controlling other actions I have set up perfectly.  I also do not want
> to throw this code into another model as I see it as way too much
> hassle to relate that Controller to the ones I have set up now.
>
> Does anyone know about where I can find what I need to get this query
> paginated?  I hate to have to write additional coding to do what
> hoepfully will be easier than it seems with Cake.
>
> Thanks
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: