Sunday, January 29, 2012

ACL manager plugin

Hello all!

I am currently managing ACL by hand, and have seen a couple of projects that do some ACL management (croogo and quickapps I believe).   I am developing a framework for all of my SaaS cakephp applications that allows for unification of applications and centralized billing / accounting for the subscriber.  I've come across a few good plugins so far, and was wondering if there was anything already created for 2.0+ for ACL management as far as a GUI.  

What I plan on doing will be a little beyond the normal ACL.  I intend on creating another table (roles), which will be many to many with users, and each role will be linked to an array of aco ids, each record will also be assigned to a particular application_id so that the subscriber of the software for their organization (subscriber admin from the normal ACL related groups table) can assign roles within applications.    If a user is assigned to that role, I plan on adding entries for that user's ARO id into the normal cakephp aros_acos table for the related acos.   

Is there anything like this already in existence, or will I have to write it all out completely from scratch?    I haven't had time to look over croogo or quickapps code yet to see how they handled it, I wanted to see their code to get an idea of how best to get started. 

All of the best information I've learned so far is by looking at how other people were doing it.   I'm planning on releasing my code so that others who might want to be making business applications or software as a service applications can put it to good use, and maybe get some good contributions back.   


--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.
 
 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php

No comments: