Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Re: Cake 2.1 Events:

Sam, thanks for getting involved.

The text you have taken is form the example above the one I want to implement.  I want to use the one below as the one you have referenced also states:
"This may not be the cleanest way to do it ..."
"... This simple way of defining them using the Configure class is intended for didactic purposes only ..."

So it made sense to me to start out using 'Registering listeners' as the documentation states:
"Listeners are an alternative, and often cleaner way of registering callbacks for an event"

I think I am going to just carry on coding all my events into my controllers and models for now as I am getting behind on the project I am working on by trying to create en Events system.  And even if I did get this bit working I was still unsure of how I then have these actions accessing models, email components etc.  

I use CakePHP every day, but being self-taught I do not pick up the advanced stuff easily which is infuriating, every time I ask for help in the IRC it appears that I am expected to have a certain level of knowledge, which I don't, and people make a few suggestions then go quiet on me when I don't understand :(

Hmph.

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.
 
 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php

No comments: