Monday, January 30, 2012

Nick Baker's FileUpload Plugin + phpThumb Generator for existing files

Hi All,

I have Nick Baker's FileUpload working for an image gallery aloong
with a phpThumb generator and all works well except if there is an
existing file in the folder. The FileUpload plugin is renaming the
files correctly e.g. filename-1.jpg but I have something wrong in my
controller where I am calling the original name of the uploaded file
and not the newly generated name so the thumbnail is being created off
filename.jpg.

I have an add function in my GalleryphotosController that has this
line:

if(!$this->PhpThumb-
>generateThumbnail($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/siteadmin/app/webroot/
files/galleryphotos/' . $this->data['Galleryphoto']['file']['name'],
$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/siteadmin/app/webroot/files/
galleryphotos/thumbs/' . $this->data['Galleryphoto']['file']['name']))
{
pr($this->PhpThumb->errors);
}

I'm sure all I need to do is replace $this->data['Galleryphoto']
['file']['name'] with the filename that the plugin makes but I cannot
work out how. I'm sure it is simple but everything I have tried is
failing. I am using cakephp 2.0.5

Thanks

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.


To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php

No comments: