Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Re: how to confiure myproject with cakephp 1.3 on shaing host

Running on shared hosting, I upload my cake folder to just above
public_html.
Inside this cake folder you should have your app folder, and lib,
plugins, vendors, index.php, and .htaccess
My app folder I will name after my project, so for this instance we
shall call it TestProj
Then in public_html I will upload my webroot folder, I generally name
this the same as my app folder, so TestProj.
Then you just need to configure your index.php in your webroot to
point to cake.
Change these lines, you will have to adjust the number of dirnames()
depending on how far away the cake folder is from your webroot.
If you really don't know what you're doing then try 3 dirnames, then
2, then 4. I say this because if you have multiple domains on your
shared hosting then you will have multiple subdirectories, you can
count how many subdirectories there are and that is how many dirnames
you will need but trial and error also works.
if (!defined('ROOT')) {
define('ROOT', dirname(dirname(dirname(__FILE__))) . DS . 'cake');
}
/**
* The actual directory name for the "app".
*
*/
if (!defined('APP_DIR')) {
define('APP_DIR', 'TestProj');
}

/cake
-TestProj
-lib
-plugins
-vendors
-index.php
-.htacces
/public_html
-/TestProj
--css
--js
--img
--files
--index.php (Where you make modifications)
--.htacces
--test.php

Then you would go to "www.example.com/TestProj/controller/index"
And you should be good to go
On Jan 29, 2:05 pm, ahmed fakher <spcial...@gmail.com> wrote:
> At first I prefer to explaine important  things
> First, this question very basiclly but I'm Newbie To Cake
> Second,doesnt have a place with experts in the cake Except this place,
> so I hope that you help me
> Third, I've made ​​several attempts but failed
> So pleaaaaase do not let me without any help ..
>
> i read this link and i miss understanding the full stepshttp://book.cakephp.org/1.3/en/view/912/Installation
>
> so please i need clear steps...
> this image from ftp have two folders (public_html / myproject )http://www12.0zz0.com/2012/01/29/22/349925194.jpg

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.


To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php

No comments: