Friday, August 31, 2012

Re: Building a CakePHP app with Parse.com - anyone done it?

I too am interested in Parse.com and CakePHP. For my purposes (creating a search site that looks up stored lat/long locations), I need a simple website with user login/profile, database posting/getting using REST, and native iPhone and Android apps. I would also like to extend the webapp/mobile app to incorporate twitter, facebook, and pinterest.

WhyNotSmile, have you made the merge from CakePHP to Parse.com? I think I want to store all my data on Parse and send requests from the mobile apps or the webapp. Does this design sound reasonable?

One more catch: I would like for each user to be able to setup a custom page available to the public. I will need images for each user and the problem is Parse's free service only allows for 1GB. I am thinking that I would have to store all images on the CakePHP server, but save the URL link for them in the Parse database. I am not sure if this would be a good solution.

Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance,
-Scott

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en-US.
 
 

No comments: