Thursday, January 29, 2009

Re: CakePHP Model Advice

What are you seeing in the debug data for your Recipe find?

Post the controller code where you do the find, and what the data
output is, and it will be easier for someone to answer your question.

On Jan 28, 1:29 pm, matth <matt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for that tidbit about the Ingredient model.
>
> I gave recursive a shot earlier in the day but that didn't help. At
> the moment, this is exactly what I'm working with:
>
> class Recipe extends AppModel
> {
>         var $name = 'Recipe';
>         var $primaryKey = 'id';
>         var $recursive = 2;
>
>         var $hasAndBelongsToMany = array(
>                 'Ingredient' => array(
>                         'className' => 'Ingredient',
>                         'joinTable' => 'ingredients_recipes',
>                         'foreignKey' => 'recipe_id',
>                         'associationForeignKey' => 'ingredient_id',
>                         'unique' => true,
>                 )
>         );
>
> }
>
> On Jan 28, 3:15 pm, yusuf widi <wmo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > no, it is ok if your ingredient model is empty...
> > try to give recursive parameter with '2' when you use find method. by
> > default recursive parameter is null.
>
> > read more about recursive is on the api.cakephp.orghttp://api.cakephp.org/class/model#method-Modelfind
>
> > On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 4:46 AM, matth <matt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Howdy,
> > > I'm having trouble fully wrapping my head around Cake's models. They
> > > seem great and I'm really working to figure out how to take advantage
> > > of all the benefits.
>
> > > However, I can't quite figure out how to set up my models
> > > appropriately. For example, I have two models (Recipe and Ingredient)
> > > and I have defined they following relationship in my Recipe model:
>
> > > var $hasAndBelongsToMany = array(
> > >        'Ingredient' => array(
> > >                'className' => 'Ingredient',
> > >                'joinTable' => 'ingredients_recipes',
> > >                'foreignKey' => 'recipe_id',
> > >                'associationForeignKey' => 'ingredient_id',
> > >                'unique' => true,
> > >        )
> > > );
>
> > > But I'm not able to retrieve my ingredients. So what's the deal? Is
> > > something wrong with my table setup? Do I need to modify my Ingredient
> > > model (because it's empty)?
>
> > --http://www.wmonou.com
>
>
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: