Thursday, January 29, 2009

Re: svn or git?

@martin - yep I agree. I've tried them both and Cornerstone is great.
I don't like paying for stuff like that though. The kind of things
that are almost always freeware on Windows are nearly always payware
on Mac :(

Don't really know which to go with. I guess I'll stick with Subversion
for now, but keep an eye on Git. I work mainly by myself, so I could
argue (with myself) that all I need is TimeMachine. But I don't think
I'd go for that.

On Jan 29, 3:16 pm, Martin Westin <martin.westin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are on Mac OS X you should really look at Versions and
> Cornerstone. They are both excellent subversion clients that are very
> "Mac". I bought Cornerstone after using "Smart"SVN for a while (read
> years) and it's a world of difference, even for something as basic as
> versioning code.
>
> Well, if you decide to stay with svn, that is. :)
>
> (I love a server with cli but on a 24" screen I feel silly typing cli
> commands all day)
>
> On Jan 28, 1:09 pm, leo <ponton....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > Should I be using one rather than the other?
>
> > > > Will CakePHP eventually migrate to GIT?
>
> > Here I didn't mean which is best for me, but which way is CakePHP
> > going and would I be advised to follow? I already use SVN but it was a
> > git to set up on OS X.
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: