Saturday, January 31, 2009

Re: Help Cake newbie (i really want to bake succesfully)

Hi

thanks for the response. I am not sure if I have this figured out but
I believe its not working for me because my database is a myISAM db.
From what I read I think cake only suports INNODB joins automatically
(as to say it can only automatically relate tables based on foreign
keys which are only possible in an INNODB database). Am I right?

If not and I am still missing something here is the code you
requested.

views/authors/index.ctp
<?php foreach($authors as $author): ?><h2><?php echo $author['Author']
['name'] ?></h2><hr /><h3>Book(s):</h3><ul><?php foreach($author
['Book'] as $book): ?><li><?php echo $book['title'] ?></li><?php
endforeach; ?></ul><?php endforeach; ?>

/controllers/authors_controller.php

<?php
class AuthorsController extends AppController {
var $name = 'Authors';
function index() {
$this->Author->recursive = 1;
$authors = $this->Author->find('all');
$this->set('authors', $authors); }
}
?>


On Jan 31, 10:32 pm, brian <bally.z...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As you're in the authors view, I'll assume that you're trying to
> retrieve associated Books for Author. If you post the contents of your
> view action, as well as the $hasMany and $belongsTo arrays for Author
> and Book respectively, I'm sure someone can help you sort it out.
>
> Also, if you're using $this->Author->paginate() instead of find(),
> post your controller's $paginate array.
>
>
>
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 8:48 PM, CP <in...@leatherbelts.com> wrote:
>
> > I followed this artcielhttp://www.packtpub.com/article/working-with-simple-associations-usin...
>
> > But when was unable to get everything working correctly.
> > I got everything working up to a point but at this point "Retrieving
> > Related Model Data in One-To-Many Relation" is where I started having
> > problems.
>
> > the error I am getting is below:
>
> > Notice (8): Undefined index:  Book [APP/views/authors/index.ctp, line
> > 1]
>
> > Anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps I have created the foreign key
> > incorrectly? I have been trying to figure it out for the past hour and
> > no luck. I hope someone can help me.
>
> > Signed
>
> > new baker- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: