Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Re: 'add' action and auto-setting model id

It's Jounral controller.

On 29 Cze, 22:15, Vijay Kumbhar <k.vidn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello Raph,
>
> Can you please  tell me is this Users controller function or Journal
> controllers function?
> Then i can provide you exact solution.
>
>
>
>
>
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 12:13 AM, Raph <ra...@epoczta.pl> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > I can't paste exactly the same code, but I can tell you what I want to
> > do. In controller where I have that "add()" method I want to save an
> > entry to a journal which model is in "belongsTo" relation with "User"
> > model, so I tried to use "add()" method in journal's controller with
> > user id as a parameter. Somehing like that (very simple version):
>
> > public function add($userId) {
> > $this->data['Journal']['user_id'] = $userId;
>
> > $this->Journal->saveEntry($this->data);
> > }
>
> > The problem is $userId is automaticlly set like that:
> > $this->Jounral->id = $userId.
>
> > On 29 Cze, 15:03, Vijay Kumbhar <k.vidn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello Raph,
>
> > > I think you are making a mistake that you are providing a id while adding
> > a
> > > record.
> > > If you provide the id to the save method it fires the update query.
>
> > > For further explanation Can you please paste the code here?
>
> > > On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 5:44 PM, Raph <ra...@epoczta.pl> wrote:
>
> > > > I have weird (I think) problem. When I've added "add()" action to the
> > > > contoller, the id of coresponding model has been set automaticlly to
> > > > "add()" method parameter, and when I try to save data using that
> > > > action update instead of save is made.
>
> > > > This method singature looks like this:
>
> > > > public function add($someId).
>
> > > > Is it normal behavior? Do I have to manually call "create()" method in
> > > > my model if I want to save, not update data?
>
> > > --
> > > Thanks & Regards,
> > > Vijayk.
> > > Co-founder (www.weboniselab.com)
>
> > > "You Bring the Dreams, We'll Bring the Means"
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> Vijayk.
> Co-founder (www.weboniselab.com)
>
> "You Bring the Dreams, We'll Bring the Means"
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: